Wednesday, September 12, 2012

We All Fall Down


I normally don't go partying (that job's usually left to Maronne, lol) -- I'm not a party girl in the slightest. I'm much too awkward and self-conscious for clubs/bars/dancing/all that jazz BUT I had to make an exception for my cousin's 21st birthday bash! That being said, I didn't know what to wear; would I be too dressed up or down? But then I thought, "Screw it, I'll be there for my cousin and no one else so I'll wear what I want."


Borrowed from mom top, Eastwood tiangge skirt, random tiangge petticoat (worn on top), Folded & Hung shoes

And by 'wear what I want' I guess I meant wearing a petticoat as a top. 



Eastwood tiangge bracelet


My cousin got way too drunk way too early though. It was... amusing, considering how she rarely ever gets drunk. She was all over the place, stumbling towards the toilets, hugging the walls... typical drunken fashion. On the other hand, I was one of the very sober ones and yet I FELL DOWN LOL. While taking my friends to their ride I suddenly lost my footing and fell on my knees. These shoes, as much as I love them, make me wobble to no end. I've now got a scraped knee as a battle scar and a slightly sore ankle from that night. My mom doesn't even want me wearing these shoes anymore because of that huhuhu. I even ended up ripping my tights in the process. Talk about literal OTL.


Borrowed from mom necklace


Recently I found out that a blockmate of mine visits this blog and she was teasing me with my poses. How I project myself in my outfit photos is different from my real-life disposition, mostly because I can't seem to 'project' properly when there's someone behind the camera. It was kind of embarrassing, finding out that someone I knew in real life reads the blog, but at the same time it's kinda... flattering, in a way. WHOOPS MY AWKERRD IS SHOWING


Fun times call for fun makeup! Anyway, I've now got a really bad scraped knee and while it's healing now, it's been such a pain, literally and figuratively. You know how they say when you've fallen down, you've just got to pick up the pieces and move on? It's a good life lesson really -- it's taught me to... be more careful in my shoes take care of myself better HAHA. Joking aside, really. We all have our ups and downs but once we've fallen, we've just got to get back on our feet and move on. Learn from your mistakes and all that magic!

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous top and striped skirt!! love the color of your tights!!
    mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My tights are ruined now though because of the fall T__T

      Delete