Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SUPER LEMON


Did you guys ever get to try this candy called Super Lemon? It was this really sour lemon candy that used to be sold in Aji Ichiban. I was introduced to it in 7th grade by a friend and it even became the name for one of my barkadas back then! I rarely ever see Super Lemon these days though, but if you chance upon it, give it a try! It's kind of like those Yackee (omg did I spell that right) candies we used to have as kids. I decided to call this post SUPER LEMON 'cause my friend Terry said "GIANT LEMON" when I described my outfit to her, and then I suddenly remembered that ol' sour candy.

OF COURSE I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MY BLOG POST TITLES. OF COURSE.


From Hong Kong top and shoes, Gifted/secondhand belt, Thrifted skirt, St. Francis Square tiangge socks

So a relative of mine from Hong Kong recently came back for a visit -- and came bearing gifts, no less! I believe the top was from a secondhand store in HK. The thrift store equivalent over there, I guess? I've never been out of the country so whenever someone I know does, I always shameless ask for pasalubong. Hehehehe...


Borrowed from mom beaded bracelet

Of course I have lemons as my backdrop. You know what they say: when life gives you lemons, use them as backgrounds. WHOOPS MAYBE I GOT THAT WRONG


Bloggers United dangling earrings


Totally wore this outfit out of celebratory reasons, which I will not disclose but I bothered mentioning it on the blog anyway because it needs to be archived on the world wide web. And yellow is my favorite color, so happy vibes all around! Anyway, I went on a date with my dad today. We had a late lunch and watched The Bourne Legacy afterwards. It was so interesting seeing Manila as a setting for a non-local movie! The chase scenes made me dizzy though, reminiscent of that time I watched The Hunger Games.





Besides the fact that these are mary jane wedges, these shoes are magical because they have a subtle cutout detail. Surprise, surprise!


I also spotted my friend Jonard while I was out today. It might've been the first time I ever saw a schoolmate from college at a mall. Also spotted was a tweet from Jonard regarding his old Multiply photos and how he used the peace sign in the past. WELL MY FRIEND, HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU: sorry but the peace sign is totally my jam. =)) HERE TO STAY 5EVER


This long weekend was such a whirlwind, but it was not unwelcome. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment