Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Loot of a Thousand Worlds


Mango top (gifted), Mimi vest, Thrifted pants and shoes, Redherring clutch (borrowed from mom)

Today my family and I went out because my mom had some last minute errands to do before she leaves tomorrow and flies away in her own ship... erm, I mean plane. We had some good ~*~family time~*~ and even had lunch out with my sister and her family.



This outfit was actually inspired by the film Treasure Planet, which is one of my absolute favorites! I've also had the biggest crush on Jim since I was a kid, ehehehehe. I didn't want to take anything too literally (because what's the fun in making a literal translation of an outfit when you can play around with details instead?) so there are just some subtle inspirations. Like, say, the baggy pants. And vest, as some pirates wear. And of course, touches of gold! What else are these space pirates after? When I grow up I want to be a space pirate.


Market! Market! tiangge bracelets, gifted/Regina's rings


This is how I integrated a Morph in my outfit: through something pink, of course! The octopus was pretty fitting as it's reminiscent of the sea creatures that sea pirates might encounter.


And these bracelets! While the bracelets on my other wrist remind me of the galaxy, these remind me of all the wiring and mechanical hulabaloo in the film.

My SEX ring takes away all the innocence of what was to be a Disney film-inspired outfit though.


Man I've had this vest for... 3-4 years now? I didn't realize it until after I took photos, but cinching my waist with the vest underneath made it look... kind of... peplum-y? LOL HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE UNINTENTIONAL TREND-TRYING...


Vintage earrings


"Mr. Snuff! Engage artificial gravity!"




What would you do if you had the loot of a thousand worlds? I've found all of it in my parents. I may not be wealthy and loaded but my parents have kept me happy all my life, and that's all I really need.

We'll all miss you Mama! Especially me. You're worth more than any treasure in the world. I love you! See you soon. :)

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous hair! great shoes and vest!! love the print on your pants!
    mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete