Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Au Revoir


Not to worry, this isn't a goodbye to the blog or anything! The post title is "Au Revoir" because this is the outfit that I wore to a friend's despedida last week! Said friend a.k.a. Raph is French, hence the "au revoir"! Because, you know, I'm just so proficient in French.


Girl Shoppe "LOVE" ring, Rebel Gear octopus ring, Regina's starfish ring


Bloggers United/Secondhand top, Thrifted shorts and shoes

My favorite aspect of this top (which I bought off of Mike), is the fact that all the buttons allow you to deconstruct it to your liking. It allows you to experiment with different silhouettes! (Most of my buys from BU are usually from him, haha.)


NAVA earrings

I've only known Raph for a short period of time, but I really am glad we got to be friends! I met him towards the end of last school year and then saw him from time to time over the summer -- that involved several errands and... some inside jokes. ("Apoy ka ba?" hohoho.) I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it to his despedida, but I'm glad I was able to pull through (but not without some help -- thanks Jam!!!) The last time we saw each other was... back in April. Yeah, he was totally that friend I mentioned who made a comment about the sheerness of the top I wore to the TBS concert. Haha!


Jam and I got preeeeetty awkward at some point of the night though. We pretty much kept to ourselves at The Losers Table, talking about all our feels (read: insecurities and anything else that goes under the Non-Existent Self-Esteem Issues category), but hey, we met several people and made new friends, and making new friends is always cool.


Yes, that is Miso in that other picture. So uh I didn't really know what to wear because: a.) I had never really been to a despedida that wasn't for a family member and was thus not held at home and b.) I uh, I wasn't really sure what to wear to the venue because it wasn't really my scene? HAHA MY AWKWARD IS SHOWING. So I ended up with something comfy and neutral instead. (Truthfully, I wanted to wear something... Parisian/French-ish, since this was a French friend, BUT LOL NO DIDN'T GO WITH THAT HERPDERP)


Thanks again for everything Raph! I'm really glad I was able to get to know you during your stay here. We'll all miss you! Don't forget me when you go into ~*~showbiz~*~ and become famous okay? *fake tears* LOLJK COME BACK SOON/KEEP IN TOUCH/TAKE CARE!!!

2 comments: